Program Participant Agreement
Beyond Sports is committed to transparent and open communication with students, parent, educators, and administrators. For your convenience, the entire agreement is below with links to navigate you to specific policies. To request a PDF version of the Program Participant Agreement please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updated: October 3, 2019
BEYOND SPORTS, LLC
PROGRAM PARTICIPANT AGREEMENT
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Student/Participant ("Participant") eligibility for acceptance to and participation in a Beyond Sports, LLC ("BSP") program is determined by a variety of factors including but not limited to all-conference accolades, statistical achievements, and coaches’ recommendations. BSP reserves the right to consider a Participant’s administrative and academic standing at their home institution in admission decisions. Some programs offered by BSP may allow Participants who do not meet one or more of the eligibility requirements to be accepted on a conditional basis. It is the Participant’s responsibility to prove that they have satisfied all of the eligibility requirements for their program prior to departure. If the conditions are not met, BSP reserves the right to withdraw the Participant’s acceptance. Additional documentation may be required after initial or conditional acceptance.
BSP reserves the right to offer promotional or exclusive program pricing and/or discounts for a limited time. Only those applicants who: 1) submit the required application materials; and 2) meet the stated requirements of the promotion during the specified promotional time-frame will be entitled to the promotion or discount. Participants who complete an application prior to or after the timeframe of the promotion, will not be granted any price adjustment or refund. If BSP is offering more than one promotion at one time, only the greater amount of the two promotions/discounts will apply. Participants participating in exclusively priced programs, such as group or custom arrangements are not eligible for additional discounts of any kind.
All Participants are required to submit additional traveler information as requested by Beyond Sports (“BSP”) as part of the pre-departure process. This may include both physical documents and online forms. Requirements are based on the Participant’s specific program, and due dates submitting additional information will vary based on the program. Participants will be given access to additional resources and information, specific to their selected program, emailed from a BSP staff member. This information includes, but is not limited to, a packing list, travel detail, and documents and/or payments still needing to be sent or submitted to BSP and associated due dates. If Participant’s pre-departure documents are not received by the stated due date, he/she may delay or forfeit participation due to late submission of documents.
Programs Including Airfare
Any program which includes the cost of airfare, or a portion of the airfare, in the program fee requires that Participant submits the Traveler Information Form. If the Traveler Information Form is not submitted by Participant by the stated due date, Participant will be responsible for any additional costs or fees of the airfare, as determined by BSP. BSP does not cover the cost of checked baggage for programs including airfare.
To participate, each Participant or applicant is required to pay the following in accordance with the terms herein:
1) A Program Deposit, subject to the terms set forth herein; and
2) The Program Cost specified and paid in accordance with the terms set forth herein.
Participants participating in a group or custom program with faculty or staff member from their home institution may be subject to different application and payment dates. Please contact the group leader for details.
All Participants are required to pay a program deposit. This deposit is non-refundable, except as otherwise set forth herein. This deposit is deducted from the total cost of the program. Participants place in the program will not be held until the non-refundable program deposit is paid. If the program reaches enrolled capacity before the non-refundable program deposit has been paid, Participant may be required to forfeit his/her original program selection, or choose another program. The deposit deadline varies by program and can be found in the published material for each program. The deposit deadlines for promotional pricing/scholarships may be earlier than what is listed in the published material.
Program Deposit Payments
1) Tour Programs costing less than $3,000: A non-refundable deposit of at least $500 is due by the deposit payment deadline.
2) Tour Programs costing more than $3,000: A non-refundable deposit of at least $1,000 is due by the deposit payment deadline.
Program Price/ Final Payment
BSP reserves the right to change program prices. For current pricing, contact a BSP Program Representative and request the appropriate Invitation/Program Guide. Participants will be subject to the price listed in the Invitation/Program Guide they receive. Participant must be in compliance of all BSP application, payment, and form submission deadlines to maintain the program price listed in the Invitation/Program Guide. Participants who miss a BSP deadline may be subject to a higher program price. Participants who request to change their program are subject to the prices listed in the new Invitation/Program Guide they receive at the time the Participant’s program change request is approved. Payment schedules will be set in the published materials. For some programs, alternative payment schedules may be selected by Participant in the registration process. Failure to make payments on-time may result in additional fees as incurred by BSP, or Participants withdrawal from the program without refund. Final Payment due dates will be set no later than two weeks before the program start date. Participants must be paid in full and/or submit the required Payment Plan forms with a valid credit card for monthly charges to BSP by the Final Payment due date. If a Participant fails to make payment and/or submit the required Payment Plan form by the Final Payment due date, they will be subject to a Late Fee up to $300 and may be withdrawn from the program, with no refund of payments received. BSP reserves the right to not extend Payment Plans past the program end date.
The following BSP refund policy applies to all requests for refund, regardless of the reason for withdrawal. Any refund requests must be made in writing and sent to email@example.com. Any costs incurred by BSP on behalf of the Participant will not be refunded.
1) If Participant withdraws before the deposit due date, Participant is eligible for a full refund of any payments less any costs incurred by BSP on behalf of the Participant.
2) If Participant withdraws after the deposit due date but before the final payment due date, Participant will be eligible for a refund of any payments less $1000 and any costs incurred by BSP on behalf of the Participant.
3) If Participant withdraws after the final payment due date but not within 14 days of the program start date, Participant will be eligible for a refund of any payments less $2000 and any costs incurred by BSP on behalf of the Participant.
4) If Participant withdraws within 14 days of the program start date, regardless of the reason for withdrawal, Participant is not eligible for any refund from BSP.
5) If Participant is injured, becomes ill, or withdraws from participation during the program for any reason, Participant is not eligible for a refund..
BSP reserves the right to cancel or suspend a program as deemed necessary. In such a case, accepted Participants are given the choice of the following:
1) Switching to a future program session.
2) A full refund of all fees and deposits paid.
Changes in Program Structure
BSP makes every effort to ensure that programs operate as described in the published material. However, circumstances occasionally dictate that changes are necessary or advisable that may include but are not limited to staffing, excursions, cultural-immersion activities, service-learning activities, competition, and/or housing options. BSP reserves the right to alter any part of the program as deemed necessary or advisable.
All payments must be submitted to the BSP Headquarters in U.S. currency. BSP will not accept payments of any foreign currency or payments drawn on a foreign financial institution. Payments to BSP can be made via check, credit card, money order, direct deposit or wire transfer. Cash payments will not be accepted. Participants may submit credit card payments through a secure online payment platform, or over the phone with a BSP representative. Checks and money orders should be made payable to Beyond Sports, LLC and mailed to
220 NW 8th Ave
Portland, OR 97209
Credit Card Payments
BSP accepts MasterCard, Visa and American Express. A 3.3% processing fee will be assessed to all credit card payments. A 1.5% processing fee will be assessed to all e-check/bank transfer payments. Processing fees will be charged to the credit card/bank account being used, and will be disclosed, at the time payment is made. The processing fee can be avoided by paying by standard check, wire, money order, or direct deposit.
Health and Safety Measures
BSP shall have the right to take whatever actions it deems necessary in regard to the health and safety of all Participants including, without limitation, obtaining medical treatment on the Participant’s behalf, transporting them out of the country for medical treatment, or any other necessary measures. In the event of a medical emergency, determined at the discretion of BSP staff, BSP reserves the right to contact the Participant’s Emergency Contact, as provided by the Participant, without the Participant’s expressed permission or consent. BSP will only disclose medical information relevant to the Participant’s current medical emergency, and will only disclose the information to the Emergency Contact. By providing an Emergency Contact, Participant also consents to allow BSP to contact their Emergency contact for program related situations (payments, traveler information forms, etc.).
The program cost includes medical insurance coverage for each Participant in the program (under the age of 74). Each participant is covered by a Blanket Short Term Student Accident and Sickness Insurance Policy (the "Policy"). The Policy is provided by GeoBlue, 100 Matsonford Road, One Radnor Corporate Center, Suite 100, Radnor, PA 19087. A copy of the medical insurance policy can be accessed at: BSP will provide each Participant with a copy of the medical policy upon request. In addition, BSP provides Political and Natural Disaster Evacuation Services administered by Worldwide Insurance Services, LLC for each Participant. BSP strongly advises each Participant to research and consider purchasing additional insurance for any other needs that the Participant might have, and are not covered in the medical policy.
The cost of BSP programs do not include travel insurance protection for travel delays caused by weather, natural disasters, or trip cancellation (please refer to the “Refund Policy” section for details on refunds due to trip cancellation). BSP is not responsible for any costs incurred by the Participant due to travel delays/interruptions. BSP strongly recommends that program participants purchase travel insurance to cover unexpected costs for flight cancellations/delays, lost luggage, and trip interruption. Please contact a BSP representative for recommendations of travel insurance providers.
CODE OF CONDUCT
BSP has high standards for Participant conduct, and as a participant in a BSP program Participant is expected to uphold these standards, in addition to respecting and observing the culture and laws of the host country and any institutions that are also involved with any program. All participants are required to be familiar with, and act and abide by, the policies outlined below. Participant can be dismissed from the program at any time, without refund, at the discretion of BSP staff for violation of any of the BSP policies and standards outlined below:
1) Participant Responsibilities. In connection with the participation in a BSP Program, each Participant will be responsible for all of the following:
a. Participant is responsible for researching and understanding issues that relate to the safety, health, political, legal, cultural and religious conditions that exist in the host country, and housing accommodations.
b. Participant is responsible for his/her actions and behavior while participating in a BSP Program, or otherwise while in the host country, or housing.
c. Participant is responsible for the planning and managing of all personal travel plans and must recognize his/her personal responsibility in understanding the safety situation in each place he/she visits and that BSP may not be able to come to his/her aid should he/she need support in and outside of the host city or in non-BSP sponsored events or travel.
d. Participant is responsible for managing and maintaining appropriate relationships with other program Participants, faculty, staff, and local residents.
e. Participant will take full responsibility for financial obligations associated with the BSP program which he/she is enrolled, as well as the cost to repair or replace any damage to the property of BSP, or of BSP homestays, lodging accommodations, or partner organizations that he/she causes.
2) Compliance With the Law Outside the United States. Participants shall comply with all laws of the host country in which the Program operates and any country in which the Participant travels while participating in a BSP Program. Employment during the program is prohibited without proper legal documentation and is highly discouraged even with proper legal documentation. Operation of motor vehicles while participating in the program is highly discouraged. Political activities or use of illegal drugs are prohibited and may subject Participant to significant civil or criminal penalties. If Participant engages in political activities, or the use of illegal drugs, he/she assumes all risk and responsibility to attend to the matter at his/her own expense.
3) Loss of Privileges. Participant privileges to use BSP facilities, participate in BSP programs or activities, or to use the facilities or participate in the activities of any BSP partners may be revoked at any time at the discretion of BSP staff based on any violation of the standards outlined in “Participant Responsibilities” above.
4) Alcohol, Drug, and Substance Policy. BSP has an alcohol and drug policy that Participants are required to follow at all times. If a student is of legal drinking age in the host country, they are permitted to consume alcohol within reasonable limits. Students who choose to consume alcohol are responsible for their actions at all times. Any abuse of this privilege, at the discretion of BSP staff, will lead to the revocation of this and/or other privileges and could lead to dismissal from the program without refund. BSP prohibits the consumption of alcohol during any BSP events including classroom, training, or service-learning activities. Participants are not allowed to buy, sell, use or possess any substances considered illegal under United States law or the law of the host country. The use of any substances in a manner that violates National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) rules is strictly prohibited and will result in the immediate dismissal from the program, without refund.
5) Dismissal. Each Participant understands and agrees that he/she can be dismissed from the BSP Program at any time for violating the guidelines and Code of Conduct outlined in this document.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY
Each Participant of a BSP program hereby agrees to release, fully discharge, indemnify, and hold harmless BSP and its owners, employees, representatives and partners from all suits, claims, liability, costs or expenses of any nature, including, but not limited to, attorneys' fees, arising out of or in any way related to events or participation in BSP programs including, without limitation, claims for personal injury or property damage, except for the gross negligence or intentional misconduct of BSP, or its employees.
Each Participant authorizes BSP to discuss this program with their parents/family and with their home institution in the U.S. Each Participant releases all photos taken or received from the Participant’s experience abroad to be used by BSP, and its partners, exclusively for promotional materials.
By signing below, The Participant acknowledges that said he/she has read, understands and agrees to the information presented herein, and any separate documents that are mentioned herein, and hereby agrees to the BSP terms and conditions set forth herein, including without limitation, the Terms and Conditions, Code of Conduct, and Release of Liability.